Sunday, January 30, 2011

Eyeko Graffiti Liners

As I meantioned the other day, I got my first ever Eyeko package on Thursday, I think? Anyhow, I was uber excited to start playing around with my new goodies, especially the graffiti liners. I bought three in the shades black, blue and purple. I'd never tried this type of marker style eyeliner before so I was definitely intrigued as to how these would wear and how easy they'd be to use.



Now, I don't pretend to know anything about eyeliner. In fact, I very rarely use any at all. I find that I have not yet mastered the skill that is applying liner so that it appears even and effortless. I can never seem to get it close enough to my lash line... So basically, it's wear liner and look ridiculous or don't and just deal with it.

These actually worked quite well for me. It was a lot like applying liquid liner without the having to reload the applicator. These had a steady flow of product, just like using a sharpie on your eyes, really. It was quite fool-proof as long as you held it on an angle rather than pointed straight at your eye.

Colour wise, black was the most intense though that wasn't really all that surprising. What I was surprised by however, was the lack of pigmentation the purple showed when applied. It was barely noticeable and someone would have to be right up in your face to really notice it. So that was disappointing. I was also a bit disappointed by how dark the blue was but the colour was still good pigmentation wise but I found it was the hardest to get a thin line.



Overall, I definitely recommend the black but the purple and blue didn't do all that much for me, even though I was the most excited to try the purple. Sigh, I guess my search for a great purple eyeliner will continue. Has anyone got any good suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment